Packed with the goodness of carrots, green papaya and cucumbers, this dish of salad is curated in the colours of India’s national flag. The sweet and sour honey-soy dressing is the perfect addition to the salad. If you are on a diet, then this tricolour salad is an easy option for you to have and mind you, you will fall in love with this crunchy dish.
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey/sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1-2 chilli pepper (sliced), sliced
- For salad:
- 1 medium green papaya
- 1 large carrot (peeled), julienne
- 1-2 cucumbers, julienne
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp toasted peanuts
- Slice off the ends of the green papaya. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer skin. Slice off a layer of the papaya, creating green papaya shreds.
- Toss the salad in a large bowl, mix the green papaya, carrots, cucumber, mint and peanuts.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour in the dressing that’s been marinating and toss to coat the vegetables with the dressing. Serve immediately.