There’s no food as common yet as versatile as a loaf of bread in your kitchen. Team it with anything, and you get a distinct flavour, a new recipe. When hunger pangs kick late night it is the toast that comes to rescue. Morning are incomplete without a buttered toast.
Often the regular toast with bread and eggs gets looks boring on the flate. There are so many breads that are available in the market these days: from the classic white bread to garlic flavoured, rolled oats, multi grain. Team it with interesting topping and ace your toast game every morning. Here it one easy toast recipe for you.
- 8 bread slices
- 1 large corn cob
- 8 cheese slices
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or add as required
- 1 teaspoon oregano or mixed herbs or Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt as per taste
- 2 to 3 cups water to boil the corn cob
- Unwrap the golden corn cob from its leaves
- Heat some water and boil the corn cob for about 15-20 minutes with a dash of salt.
- Once the corn cob is cooled or still warm, scrape out the corn kernels with a sharp knife
- Alternatively, you can also use store brought, packaged corn kernels
- Add all other ingredients to the corn from the basil, Italian seasoning, except cheese.
- Mix everything well and keep aside.
- Drizzle or spray some olive oil on one side of the bread.
- Flip and toast the other side with olive oil
- On the already toasted side against the pan keep a slice of cheese
- Top the cheese slice with the corn mixture. Cover it with another cheese slice and a slice of bread.
- Flip the sandwich with the newly added bread slice
- Grill the sandwich till done.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally and notice the melted cheese
- Serve the hot corn cheese toast with tomato sauce