Papdi chaat is a popular north Indian chaat recipe known for its sweet, sour and spicy taste it has to offer. This chaat recipe is typically served as a dessert after spicy chaat meal due to the use of yoghurt sauce in it.
The combination of the crispy texture of flat papdi or puri with spicy, sour and sweet wet ingredients. This recipe is an ideal choice to be served for guests as it hardly requires more than 10 minutes if papdi and chutneys are handy.
- 13 papdi
- 3 tbsp potato / aloo, boiled & chopped
- 3 tbsp chickpea, boiled
- 3 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp curd, whisked
- 3 tsp green chutney
- 3 tsp tamarind chutney
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp chaat masala
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sev
- 1 tsp coriander, finely chopped
- In a serving plate take 13 papdi to prepare homemade papdi using wheat flour check out my papdi recipe.
- Top with 3 tbsp potato and 3 tbsp chickpea.
- Also, sprinkle 2 tbsp of chopped onions.
- Now take 3 tbsp of whisked curd and drizzle over it.
- Further, add 2 tsp of green chutney and 2 tsp of tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and salt.
- Additionally, add 1 tbsp onion and 1 tbsp tomato.
- Now add 1 tbsp of more curd, 1 tsp green chutney and 1 tsp tamarind chutney.
- Top with 3 tbsp sev and garnish with 1 tsp coriander.
- Finally, enjoy dahi papdi chaat with a hot cup of tea