Labour Law in India is one of the toughest laws and each employee should know that the rights they could be served with are important to be known beforehand.
We are here to tell you some of the most important of these heads.
- You are entitled to at least 3 hours of the wage of any shift. It is mandatory for an employee to pay 3 hours of wage to an employee. Even if you were sent back early because of less work, you are entitled to that money.
- Every employee has the right to say no to any work that deemed not safe for you or your co-workers. Nothing that can possess a threat to you should be entertained in anyways possible and no one can force you to do that particular job, lawfully.
- Most employees are forced to believe that if any item is broken in the workspace, it is entitled to the deduction of the salary from their end too. Else, the case is that if you were not involved in the damage. Lawfully you will not have to get your salary deducted.
- Once you have worked for the same company for a year that is 12 months, you are entitled to be get paid vacation leaves regardless of whether you are employed fulltime by an employer or a part-time worker in that case.
- If you are working more than 8 hours a day, overtime payment is entitled to the employee.
- It is absolutely against the law to hire an individual at wages below that the necessary. Even if the employee consents to the same, it is not for the law.
- The employer is entitled to your safety. Appropriate safety equipment should be available at your workplace and there should be mock drills for the employees so that they learn how to use it. The employer must supply safety equipment that prevents breathing hazards and noise levels exceeding the legal limits.