Are you always confused about the fact that whether you should take a cold-water shower or a hot water shower, how should you decide when to wash your hair with cold water and give a splash of hot water on your skin? Are these questions always on your mind when you are heading towards your washroom to fresh ‘n’ up?
Well, these choices are subject to your opinions, before we come to any conclusion, the first thing that should be considered is the season, age, habits, long time practices, diseases, illness and more. Bathing in both of the temperatures has its good and bad attached to themselves. Let us move forward to know about the two.
Benefits of cold-water shower
- A cold-water bath helps to stimulate the endings of the nerves and gives you a kick-start in the morning. It is also helpful in getting away with laziness.
- Cold-water bath increases and releases the chemicals of depression beating nature such as beta-endorphins, thus helping you to treat depression in the end.
- Studies, in the end, have proven the fact that men who take cold-water shower are reproductively strong as the release of testosterone is more when taking a cold shower.
- It helps to improve the functions of the lungs.
- Cold-water baths help to stimulate lymphatic and immune systems of the body, hence, helping to boost the production of cells that fight against various infections.
Read More: Best Anti-Aging Herbs for Glowing Soft Skin
Benefits of hot-water shower
- Warm temperatures kill the germs and hence, bathing with hot water keeps you clean off the germs.
- Hot water shower opens the nerves, makes our body more flexible and relaxes the muscles.
- A hot water bath reduces the sugar level in the body making you less prone to diabetes.
- If you have a cough or cold, it is, advisable to take a hot water shower as the steam helps to clear the airways and decongest that is happening in your throat and nose.