Burnt garlic rice is another most ordered dish at any Indo-Asian restaurants. The dish consists of fluffy grains of long grain rice packed with the kick of garlicky oil and crispy bits of gently fried garlic and accented by healthy bits of crunchy vegetables.
Burnt garlic rice can be served with veg Manchurian or chilli chicken. Slice the garlic thickly and roast them till golden brown and use it this recipe. Adjust the amount and kind of vegetables to your liking. Seasoning and amount of vinegar, soy etc can be according to personal taste. For added protein, you can add tofu, paneer, eggs (scrambled), cooked chicken, seafood etc.
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot, chopped
- ½ capsicum, chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp beans, chopped
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- Salt as per taste
- 4 tbsp refined oil
- In a large wok heat oil and saute 3 to 5 cloves of slices garlic.
- Saute on medium flame till they turn golden and slightly burnt.
- Add ½ capsicum, 2 tbsp carrot and 2 tbsp beans. saute for a minute.
- Additionally, add onion, spring onions and green chilli. saute well.
- Add 2 tsp soy sauce and vinegar and 1 tsp chilli sauce.
- Turn the flame on high and Briskly mix everything
- Add 2 cups cooked basmati rice or leftover rice, mix with veggies and sauces
- Season with salt and pepper
- Alow the rice to heat up completely and turn slightly golden in colour.
- Finally, serve burnt garlic fried rice garnished with few chopped spring onions green.