Cardamom or Elaichi is a popular spice in Indian Kitchen. Cardamom is also known Known as the ‘Queen of the Spices’, and it is the third most expensive spice in the world, after saffron and vanilla. Known for its intense aroma and flavor, Cardamom is widely used in many Indian cuisines and sweet dishes.
This aromatic spice cardamom has many benefits for health and beauty too. This amazing spice is packed with multiple health benefits to promote healthy wellbeing. The medicinal benefits of cardamom include its antiseptic, antioxidant, antispasmodic, digestive, carminative, diuretic as well as stimulant properties.
Here we some amazing benefits of cardamom for health, hair and skin. Let’s have a look into them.
1. It can make your skin look young and glowing and prevents premature aging. The antioxidants present in cardamom can be attributed to this. The antioxidants fight against free radicals and keep our skin youthful.
2. The antibacterial benefits of cardamom are very effective to treat acne, pimples and other skin allergies. Also, the detoxifying benefits of cardamom help to keep the skin clean and clear.
3. Cardamom is useful in hair loss. It can be eaten on an empty stomach regularly to stop hair fall.
4. Cardamom is used to improve blood circulation to the lungs and therefore helps to cure asthma and bronchitis. It also helps to relieve stress in the body.
5. Cardamom is good in curing stomach problems like indigestion, gas, and constipation.
6.It also acts as an anti-inflammatory tool which helps to fight against hormone-related cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and ovarian cancer.
7. Benefits of cardamom has also made it a good natural treatment for diabetes. It contains manganese which is known to lower the risk of diabetes.
8. The anti-bacterial benefits of cardamom can fight the germs and bacteria that cause bad breath. Chewing a pod of cardamom is one of the easy remedies to get rid of bad breath.