Lemons are one of the most versatile fruits in the world because they can be used in many different ways and provide numerous health and beauty benefits. Lemons are not only used to make food delicious but also work wonder for your health, skin and hair. But most of us are in the practice of throwing away lemon peel after squeezing the juice out of it, without knowing the benefits of lemon peel.
Lemon peel contains a list of vitamins, mineral, and fiber-like calcium, potassium, and Vitamin C, which gives your body a nutritional boost, and lemon peel is good for oral hygiene, weight loss, skin, heart and bone health, and immunity.
Here are some of the most important benefits of lemon peels For Skin, Hair, And Health.
1. Lemon peel contains Vitamin C and Calcium and thus helps in improving and maintaining bone health. It also helps in preventing bone-related diseases like inflammatory polyarthritis, osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
2. The vitamin C found in lemon peels helps to boost your immunity and thus prevents sickness and enables the body to fight off disease more effectively.
3. Lemon peels are very helpful in fighting and preventing skin problems like acne, wrinkles, dark spots and pigmentation.
Also Read| Rose Water Benefits For Glowing Skin
4. Lemon peels promote weight loss. The Pectin Substance found in lemon peel is commonly used to help boost metabolism and decrease weight gain.
5. Lemon peel is also rich in Pectin and Potassium which is extremely beneficial for promoting heart health and maintaining optimum blood pressure.
6. Vitamin C and calcium present in the lemon peel are also effective in maintaining oral hygiene and preventing gum problems like gingivitis, and bleeding of gums.
7. Lemon Peels are also beneficial for hair growth. Vitamin C improves the collagen production which in turn makes the hair grow and prevents the hair follicles from getting loose, thus reducing hair fall.
8. Lemon peels contain anti-oxidants that fight the appearances of wrinkles and other signs of skin aging.