Curry leave commonly known as kadi Patta is a magical herb, which can instantly boost the taste and aroma of any dish. This magical herb has been widely used in various Indian dishes for its enchanting aroma and the burst of flavors it adds to the dish.
But there is more to the humble curry leaves than simply enhancing flavor and aroma to dishes. They don’t just add to the flavor of your food but are beneficial for your health too. Right from helping your heart to function in a better way to improving the quality of your hair and skin, it is loaded with several health benefits.
Following are some health benefits of curry leaves you cannot avoid to include in your diet.
1.Vitamin A found in curry leaves contains Carotenoids that protects the cornea and improves eyesight.
2. One of the benefits of curry leaves is that it aids digestion. kadi Patta has laxative properties that help the stomach get rid of indigestion.
3. Curry Leaves are rich in iron and folic acid and can be your one stop remedy to beat anaemia.
4. One of the biggest health benefits of curry leaves is that it has the ability to control blood sugar levels that reduces the risk of diabetes.
5. Eating curry leaves regularly can improve brain power as well as memory. It can also help in dealing with impaired memory disorders such as Alzheimer’s.
6. Enriched with Vitamin B complex, zinc, iron and minerals, curry leaves prevent graying of hair and improves hair growth.
7. Curry leaves can also be used to heal damaged skin. Apply a paste on burns, cuts, bruises, skin irritations and insect bites to ensure a quick recovery and clean healing.
8. Curry leaves contain various antioxidant properties that help maintain optimum cholesterol balance in the body, which further aids in weight loss. Adding these leaves to your meals can also be a great way to consume and derive the benefits of this miraculous herb.