Camphor or Kapur is a very easily available ingredient in Indian households. It is mainly used for religious purposes, but do you know there are several benefits of camphor for health and beauty as well.
Camphor is one of those natural ingredients which can promise gorgeous skin and beautiful hair. Plus, camphor also has medicinal properties. It is said to provide many benefits such as reducing itching and irritation, strengthening hair roots, boosting hair growth, reducing muscle pain, treating cold and cough, improving blood circulation and treating skin infections.
Benefits of Camphor for Healthy Skin and Hair
1. Camphor can actually help you get rid of the burnt skin or any other type of permanent scars. Apply a small amount of camphor dissolved in water on your scars. With regular use, you will see them getting lighter.
2. Camphor increases the blood circulation which in turn promotes hair growth. Add a few drops of camphor oil in your regular oil and massage it into your scalp to increase your hair volume.
3. The antioxidant benefits of camphor help to keep the skin free from acne and other skin infections. Camphor is undoubtedly one of the best natural remedies to cure acne and pimples.
4. It has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that play vital roles in fighting dandruff. Mix a few drops of camphor oil to your regular hair oil and massage your scalp with this. Doing this regularly will help to keep dandruff at bay.
5. The cooling properties of camphor give relief from the burning sensation caused due to sun burn and its anti inflammatory properties bring down the redness and pain associated with severe sun burn.